Thursday, January 31, 2008

more PCS progress

Today I was able to make our reservation for two nights at the Edelweiss. I can't make our reservation in Munich for the night before we fly because our credit card expiration date is in March so that will have to wait.
I also called housing and made our preinspection date as well as our final outprocessing appointment.
Chris at the travel office tried his best to have the dog fly with us. He got an exception to policy for us to fly on United (which will take pets) but then discovered that the plane from DC to Alabama is too small to take pet carriers. So we are going to have to rely on my good friend Margaret (Thank God for her - she comes through for me everytime and without her we would be forced to kennel the dog from my trip in early April until our arrival in mid-June.) We will send the dog as cargo into DC and she has graciously offered to pick up Lola and keep her until we can get to PA or she can get to AL.

3 comments:

US said...

Renee, my sister just moved to Madisonville a few weeks ago. I told her that someonefrom shs was going to move to that area. She doesn't hs, but told me that she has met several hsers already and would be glad to get their info for you. e-mail me at frogkat.q.com if you would like that.

US said...

Oops, Renee. My sister moved to Madison, her dh works in the space industry in Huntsville.

Cynthia said...

I can't even begin to imagine all you'll have to do to make this move.