Friday, July 25, 2008

The Memory Book




I always enjoy reading another book by Penelope Stokes. The story is about Phoebe going home to think things through/find herself as well as visit her sick grandmother and while there discovering the memory book and then a diary by an ancestor with the same name....Phoebe learns much about her self through her delving into the past....

The one thing I didn't like about the book was the typeset. The storyline font was fine but the cursive handwriting used for the diary was a lighter color and difficult to read at times.

Other books by Penelope Stokes that I have read include: Amethyst Heart, Wishing Jar, Delta Belles, Circle of Grace, Blue Bottle Club and Amber Photograph plus a three book series that I've not yet read. I highly recommend Stokes to women looking for a good book this summer.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I didn't take time to comment on every book review, but WOW. You've sure been doing a LOT of reading! Good job and thanks for the reviews. I'll have to try a few of them.

Renee said...

Summer is my time for LOTS of reading... soon I won't have as much time....