Saturday, April 11, 2009

Faith 'n Fiction Saturday: Happy Easter!




Welcome to Faith 'n Fiction Saturday hosted by My Friend Amy.

This week is more about faith and less about fiction. Since Resurrection Sunday, aka Easter, is one of the most important celebrations of our faith, I thought it would be fun to share with each other one or more of the following:
1) How do you celebrate Easter?
2) Do you have a special Easter memory?
3) Do you have a favorite verse or song for this time of year?

1. We celebrate Easter by going to Mass; it's always the first thing we do on Easter Sunday. This year we're going to be adventuresome and to to an "almost sunrise" Mass at 7am.
2. A special Easter memory??? Easter 1996 - We were living on an Army installation in Granite City, IL and my husband was TDY to Aberdeen, MD. The children (only three of them at the time) and I went to Mass, then an Easter egg hunt on the church lawn followed by brunch at Bob Evans and then a trip to the zoo. It was a beautiful Sunday and the zoo wasn't crowded. It was a great way to spend the day when we had no family for the holiday.
3. My favorite hymn is probably Jesus Christ is Risen Today. I love to sing all those alleluias.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your answers - and you did all three! I have a favorite memory posted at Free Spirit-

http://tinyurl.com/dga7cv