Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Max Lucado's Hermie & Friends #12 : Skeeter and the Mystery of the Lost Mosquito Treasure



Skeeter and the Mystery of the Lost Mosquito Treasure is the story of Skeeter who is not happy that his "perfect" brother Sinclair is coming to town. Skeeter has gone through life feeling as if his father didn't like the crooked stinger that God gave him but loved his brother more instead. The bugs in the garden love hearing of Sinclair's adventures. Skeeter then has the opportunity to help his brother find a hidden treasure. In working together, they discover that each has unique differences and that they were both loved by their father just as we are all loved by our Father in heaven.

This is the first Max Lucado DVD that I have viewed. The colors are bright, the illustrations are detailed although the animation is not of the same quality as other children's programming. My 9 year old son watched with me and seemed to enjoy it.
I felt at times that the story line dragged and I was losing interest but then I'm not the target audience. I would imagine that this DVD (and others in the series) is best suited for 3-9 year old children. The music sequence was not catchy enough that I remembered the words but maybe a child would since they would watch the story over and over again.
The DVD even included bonus features such as a quiz (which would allow parents to know if their child paid attention and what they learned), a sing along and coloring pages (those must be accessed by computer).

I viewed and reviewd this DVD for the Thomas Nelson's book Review Blogger program.

No comments: