Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Deadly Habit



Penelope Santucci dreamed of becoming a nun as a child but never did since she was a rare non-Catholic Italian. Now she's afraid she may be convicted of a murder she didn't commit so she goes to confession and ends up involving an elderly priest, a nun (who is her sister that did convert) and a sexy lawyer in her shenanigans trying to clear her name. The mystery continues right into the final chapter.

A Deadly Habit is an enjoyable humorous murder mystery with an unpredictable ending. The characters are funny without being disrespectful of the Catholic faith (this is something important to this cradle Catholic). It's a great book to read by the pool this summer and I look forward to more books by Andrea Sisco.

If you'd like to read the first chapter, you can do so here. A Deadly Habit will be released in July 2009.

A thank you to Bostick Communications for giving me the opportunity to read and review this book.

1 comment:

Andrea Sisco said...

Renee: Thank you for my first review (well the first was done by one of the reviewers who writes for me). I'm glad that you liked it. It was important to be respectful to the Catholic faith. In truth, there is some of Penelope in me. I wanted to be a nun as a child and dressed as one and even gave confessions to anyone who would hear them. And now many of my grandchildren attend Catholic school and they are receiving the best and most loving education and their grandpa and I love each and every person who touches their lives at All Saints. Again, thank you. I'll be saving this review. Visit us at www.andreasisco.com and www.armchairinterviews.com