Friday, October 30, 2009

Jeanne's Coffee Cake


The ladies at Moms' Ministry asked for this recipe. I got it from Jeanne back when we lived at Fort Stewart, GA sometime between 1994-1996. I've made it many times as it's easy to make and very tasty.

Preheat oven to 350*

BATTER

1 box yellow cake mix
1 small box instant vanilla pudding
1 small box instant butterscotch pudding
4 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1 cup water.

Mix together the above ingredients.


TOPPING

1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon.

In another bowl, mix together nuts, sugar and cinnamon.


Pour half of the batter into the pan, spread evenly. Sprinkle with half of the "topping". Cover with the rest of the batter, and sprinkle with the rest of the "topping".

Bake for 20 minutes
Turn oven to 325* and bake another 20-30 minutes.

NOTE: Last night I poured in ALL the batter and then realized my 'mistake'. So I then put in half the topping, mixed it around and then sprinkled the rest of the 'topping'. Seemed to be just as tasty and a bit easier.

1 comment:

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Sounds yummy. I can taste it just by reading it.