Tuesday, December 1, 2009


I rarely stay up late on a school night (I did last night), can't remember the last time I woke up late on a school morning (I overslept by nearly 30 min today) and I always arrive at the commissary about 10 min before they open on Tuesday to do weekly shopping (but not today).
So one would think this would lead to a bad day especially when Theresa pointed out that it was the 1st of the month. Now to non-military folks that may not mean anything but to the world of military retirees, it means SHOPPING DAY and the commissary and PX are usually extra busy.
But I decided to brave the belly of the beast and arrived at the commissary about 10:45 (nearly 2 hrs later than my usual). I was just through a few aisles when a young boy went past me that looked familiar. Then he went back to his mom and she looked familiar. She was the one to start the conversation saying I looked familiar. We quickly determined we go to the same 8am Mass at St John's. I'm always excited to meet other Catholic homeschooling families.
Only God could have arranged this per chance meeting since so many things were not my usual today.

2 comments:

Janette said...

How wonderful- for both of you!

My Heart Beats and I sigh said...

Makes me wonder why I am so deep in my routine! Maybe spontaneity is the path less traveled...
Peace...