Friday, January 15, 2010
Broccoli Tortellini Salad
Last night I brought Broccoli Tortellini to our Moms' Ministry; this is being posted at the request of the group. My version is a slight change from this: Broccoli Tortellini Salad
* 6 slices bacon
* 20 ounces fresh cheese-filled tortellini
* 3/4 cup mayonnaise
* 3/4 cup white sugar
* 3 teaspoons cider vinegar
* 3 heads fresh broccoli, cut into florets
* 1/2 cup raisins
* 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
* 1 small red onion, finely chopped
1. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside. (Or cheat and use 6 TBS of REAL bacon pieces - found near salad dressings and croutons)
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook tortellini in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain, and rinse under cold water.
3. In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar to make the dressing.
4. In a large bowl, combine broccoli, tortellini, bacon, raisins, sunflower seeds and red onion. Pour dressing over salad, and toss.
Chill and serve.