Friday, July 23, 2010

Resurrection in May by Lisa Samson


How to describe Resurrection in May? WOW is a good place to start.

May Seymour is a college grad that like many didn't know what to do with her life. One night while drunk, she is picked up from the roadside by a kind man - Claudius. Soon after she ends up on a missionary trip to Africa where she rediscovers her Faith and goes to Confession for the first time in many years. Then tragedy strikes the village (saying more would be a spoiler); May's life is forever changed and once back in the States, she goes to the farm of Claudius where she stays to heal from her physical and emotional wounds.

If you love Lisa Samson, you will not be disappointed by her latest work. Resurrection in May is right up there with The Passion of Mary-Margaret and Quaker Summer. I could hardly put this book down; I was so involved in the life of May I had to finish reading in one day so as not to feel her pain any longer than necessary. I was rooting for May to heal, to reach out to others, to.....live life.  Not many books stay on my shelves but this one will stick around for rereading in the future and to share with my daughters now and in the future.

This book was provided to me as part of Thomas Nelson BookSneeze review program.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

Thanks for the review and for not spoiling the ending. Sounds worth reading!

Renee said...

Elizabeth, sometimes it's so hard to write a thorough review without spoilers. Then I feel like the review is not thorough... but I know I hate knowing what is going to happen