Sunday, September 5, 2010

Emmy Budd


I was thrilled to be given the opportunity to read and review the first and second books in the Emmy Budd series: Emmy Budd and the Hijacked Train and Emmy Budd Don't Look Now. I am always on the lookout for appropriate books for tween girls and I have found them.

Emmy Budd is set in the present time (as evidenced by the prices and discussions about things such as orthodontists) but it is not the town in which most of us live. Jerseyville, Ohio is reminiscent of a town in the 1950s where everyone knows their neighbors and children can wander freely only coming home for meals and no one worries. It's the town many of us would love for our families.

Emmy Budd is a 12 year old tomboy who spends most of her time with the new boy in town - T.J. Blake. They become best buds and have adventures. Whether it's solving the mystery of the train robbery or the burning of the corner pharmacy, Emmy and T.J. stick together in order to solve the crime.

Thank you to Bostick Communications for providing me with copies of Emmy Budd to read and review.

2 comments:

blasiar said...

Thank you for your review. I hope you will review book three, "Emmy Budd: The Real Dog Is Harry" when it makes its debut in December, 2010.
Jean Blasiar

Renee said...

I will keep my eyes open esp as a potential Christmas gift