Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving and before

My brother and his family arrived on the Sunday before Thanksgiving. After a quick and easy dinner of hot dogs and chips, I whisked them off to see the Galaxy of Lights. There are only a few nights that guests may walk through (as opposed to bumper to bumper drive through) so that's why we went the very night they arrived. We all enjoyed the lights and it was a comfy evening (last year it was COLD).

Here is a pic of Abigail and my niece Sophia.

Their top destination while visiting was the Space and Rocket Center and since it's right in town it was easy to accomplish. The kids had a great time on rides and exploring exhibits while Todd (my brother) took lots and lots of pictures for a unit he teaches in 6th grade Science. We also stopped by the teacher resource center and he and Michele were able to get lots of goodies.










Tuesday would have been a good day to go to the zoo except that we had theater that evening so instead we opted for a quieter day of shopping at Parkway Place Mall. Then on Wednesday the girls went to Bridge Street while the boys played disc golf on Redstone. Thursday was spent watching Macy's Parade, football and eating.


 Here's a pic of all the kids - Sophia (7) on Madeleine's (19) lap followed by James (17), John (10), Stephen (11), Theresa (12) and Abigail (15). I realized I got no pictures of the grownups. I'll have to see if my sister-in-law Michele got any... if not I'll have Abigail photoshop some at some point.

2 comments:

7redz said...

so glad you guys had a nice visit!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Glad you were able to have family visit on Thanksgiving.