Monday, January 10, 2011

Unstuff


Unstuff - Making Room in Your Life for What Really Matters by Hayley & Michael DeMarco was not the book I expected. I knew the book was about getting rid of stuff in order to get closer to God. I expected that the book was going to be a narrative (maybe journal like) about their adventure of selling much of their stuff and then living and traveling in an RV across the country.

But I found the book to be disjointed - it jumped between the husband and wife author team, there were text boxes that needed to be skipped to finish reading a section and then come back to, at times the font would become larger and bolder in the middle of a paragraph......  Now granted I am of another generation so maybe this style will be appealing to the 20s/30s crowd. There's lots of good info in the book; just not presented in a way that works for my reading style. To see if it's your style, read part of the book here.

Tyndale House Publishers provided me with a complimentary copy of Unstuff.

No comments: