Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Wait No More


Wait No More is the  story of one ordinary couple's amazing adoption journey. Kelly and John Rosati were called by God to adopt four children from the foster care system over the course of six years.This is not a story of happily ever after but rather the real gut wrenching reality of the difficulties of adoption and raising their children to try to overcome the abuse in their early lives.

I found I could not put this book down once I started. I needed to keep reading to learn how the Rosati family grew one adopted child at a time. Each of their children's stories is different but the hand of God is at work to bring them to their forever family.

The book ends with a chapter about the ministry Kelly helped start through Focus on the Family called "Wait No More". It's a program devoted to recruiting families to adopt orphans trapped in the foster care system. One important lesson they want churches to understand is that although not all are called to adopt, we are all called to do care for orphans (through prayer, financially, support for the adoptive families, etc). I was impressed that the Rosatis asked their children's permission before writing their book.

May is National Foster Care Month

Thanks to Tyndale House for providing me with a complimentary copy of Wait No More.

2 comments:

RAnn said...

Looks like one I'd enjoy reading.

Holly said...

Another recommendation to add to the summer reading stack. I'm afraid to click around your blog for fear that my stack will break the nightstand if it gets much bigger. Thanks for posting on "Pay It Forward"!