Thursday, December 27, 2007

Baked Pineapple

I am posting this recipe at the request of my online friend Dorothy (of England) - sorry I don't know the metric measurements but I know you're a smart woman and can convert just like I do when I buy products on the economy.
I got this recipe from my friend Michelle (Aloha1964) three years ago (I have the email page printed in my recipe folder) and it became a family favorite. I thnk I've adjusted it a bit but still basically the same delicious dish.

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
4 eggs
36 oz of crushed pineapple, drained (oops, I forgot to do that part and it came out fine)
10 slices white bread, cubed

Cream together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, one at at ime. Stir in pineapple. Fold in bread cubes (sometimes I use the crusts and sometimes I don't). Turn into greased 1 1/2 qt casserole. Baked uncovered at 350*F for 1 hour. Enjoy!!

My dh thinks of it as a dessert but I thnk it's perfect along side ham.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

OH YUM! This sounds like one of the recipes Ginger gave me for the luau and it was DELICIOUS!

Michelle said...

This is one of our favorites especially at Easter. One family friend requests a doggy bag to take with her. :)

Romany said...

Thanks Renee. I found pineapple pieces but they weren't crushed. I'll try bashing them with a rolling pin! {g}