Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!!!

Our morning began with stockings at about 6:30am. Everyone seemed thrilled with their edible treats and gift from Santa. Then it was get dressed and off to 9am Mass with lots and lots of visitors (my count was 101 and only 18 of us were "locals"). We then headed home to open gifts --- oops no, first is the family photo in front of the tree (Yes, there is a tree behind the kids, just not a big one this year)
I especially liked this one but didn't realize until most were out of their church clothes that the date was right across John's face. I'm sure you can imagine his cuteness even through the numbers. Notice the tree topper growing out of Madeleine's head.
Then we even let the kids (aka Madeleine and James) try to get a shot of Scott and I. I'm not sure they truly know how to use this camera.
Okay then we opened presents. All remained calm and nothing got lost in the wrapping paper. But I did forget to wrap one gift - oops. It's not really my fault; the magazine subscription didn't send me one of those nice postcards to wrap for under the tree.
The big kids were SO excited to receive Apples to Apples.
John is always happy with Legos and Theresa loves her new Barbie.
The pineapple has been baked, the potatoes are in the crockpot and the ham is in the oven. Our sous chef is grating the cheese for the potatoes.

6 comments:

Kristine said...

Merry Christmas to you, Renee!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Great photos! 6:30 a.m. ??? WOW - I don't think we began until around 10:00. LOL

Romany said...

Baked pineapple????
What is that and how do you do it?

Cynthia said...

Apples to Apples and legos are also favorites here.

Love the pics! Sorry about the date over the face.

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a Merry Christmas, Renee. We did too.

Janette said...

I love the Christmas pictures!
Merry Christmas to your family. Really- it is The day of the Kings today- but I am always a bit late!