Saturday, February 9, 2008

Lent

Lent started this past week on Wednesday. The entire family began this season of the liturgical year by going to 12:15 Mass.
Last year Lent fell by the wayside because the kids were in school (okay so that's an excuse and not really a reason) but this year we're starting to get things back together.
I purchased a new book "A Family Journey with Jesus through Lent". I am enjoying reading this book with my little ones. Michelle, do you read it with all your kids or only the littles? I also bought each child a Lenten devotion book. I think that helps them to focus on our Lord while approaching the celebration of Easter.
I had planned to use The Little Black Book but our chapel didn't get them this year :( and by the time I realized it, it was too late to order it myself. I have been reading another free book from the chapel daily. I also made a commitment to pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet daily. I forgot to pray two days but I'm back in the saddle again.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Renee, usually when I read aloud, the big girls drift into the room to listen too. :) If the day is getting away from me, Megan takes over the reading. :)

I know it's too late for the Little Black Book but you could order the white one for Easter.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

I just got "A family journey" and plan to start it - late but jump in. LOL