Monday, March 31, 2008

update on Odyssey of the Mind

Well it turns out that DoDDS gives the teams nothing toward going to the national level competition. Fundraising overseas requires advance approval that typically takes a month or longer so that is unlikely. There might be some money available from the PTA and/or Spouses' Club but probably not enough to significantly decrease the $1200+ per student and there are 7 on the team plus the coach and probably an extra chaperone.

Dh and I have decided that Abigail will not be able to go with the team to the States. It's a combination of:

1. the expense

2. the timing

3. I am not capable of putting my little girl on an international plane flight without a parent

Abigail already has some ideas of how to rework the script with one less character

3 comments:

Romany said...

Renee, I hope the househunting is going well!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Number 3 would be a big one for me. LOL

Renee said...

I'm amazed at how easily folks are able to send their children across an ocean without them... but then they don't understand my pov either.