Saturday, May 31, 2008

Day 7

We started the morning with bowling since there was a 50% off special for one hour, one lane. We almost finished our entire game in that time - remember there are 7 of us. I had fun even though I don't have the bowling genes I should from both parents and grandparents. I tried taking pics but the alleys were too dark.

Scott decided we had to eat some French food so we stopped for lunch at Campanile. We were given the foreigner's menu (English, German, Italian & Spanish) which we thought would be easier than the French menu with our phrase book. Madeleine and James ordered the Papardell Pasta but ended up with Vegetable Lasagna because the other was "not possible". Abigail ordered the pan fried shrimp and they brought her the salmon - she doesn't like salmon so we made them bring us what we ordered. John and Theresa both ordered the children's hamburger meal - well done. The outside of the burgers looked good but almost all of the inside was red. There was no dripping blood but it was not pink, it was RED). Scott and I had no troubles with our meals - but then I ate the salad bar.
We then tried to head into Orleans so we could see more than the hospital. We drove around for probably 40 minutes and could NOT find a parking space (the rental van is too tall for all the parking garages) so we drove by the Cathedral and never did see where the Joan of Arc house is located. Sigh - oh well maybe in another life.
On the way back we were going to explore this chateau but it was rather pricey for an "unknown".

Then it was finally time for peddleboating. It is SO tiring; thankfully I had Scott as my peddling partner.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the photos of the chateaux! Chenonceau is one of my favourites :) Great pony story!

Kristine said...

Terrific pictures. What a blessing this has been for your family, something that will be cherished by all of you.