Sunday, December 20, 2009

Menu Plan Monday



Monday - Theresa was supposed to have American Heritage Girls until 5:30pm and John with Scott needed to be at Cub Scouts at 6:30 so this needed to be a simple meal cooked by a teen. The AHG meeting was canceled (over half the girls would be out of town) but I already have the ingredients so we are having Smoked Sausage in Mushroom Wine Gravy - since there are 7 of us I will make double this recipe.

Tuesday - We have Spaghetti almost every week on either Monday or Tuesday, this week we'll have it with Italian Sausage and Garlic Toast.

Wednesday - We'll be having Chicken with Wild Mushroom and Balsamic Cream Sauce by Rachel Ray. I'm not one to spend crazy $$ on mushrooms so we'll have ours with regular mushrooms and I'll double the recipe since it will be years before I'm only cooking for four.

Thursday - Christmas Eve we're going to have Lasagna, Salad and yeast rolls (as per Theresa's request). And for dessert we'll have Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Friday - For brunch (after Mass) we're going to have Michele's Morning After French Toast with sausage.
For Christmas dinner we're having a Spiral Ham, Holly's Potatoes (this is close to her recipe but then she puts Ritz crackers and more butter on top),Baked Pineapple, Veggie Bake and bread. For dessert, we're having Mrs Smith's Apple Pie and homemade Pecan Pie.

Saturday - We are going to a Baptism followed by a party so we're going simple and having leftovers for dinner. But I am bringing fresh veggies and dip to the party.

Sunday - It's John's 10th birthday and by request we are having Pasta Carbonara and then Birthday Peanut Butter Pie.

For more menu ideas, stop by I'm an Organizing Junkie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love Spaghetti! It's easy to make, there's always leftovers and it's affordable.
You have a delicious menu planned!
I’m so glad that my husband isn’t working on Christmas Eve and Christmas. He really needs the days off.
Here’s wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas!

ps Please feel free to stop by my blog and leave a comment regarding “Do you still read the newspaper”?