Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Unplanned by Abby Johnson


Unplanned is the autobiography of Abby Johnson and how she went from being the director of a Planned Parenthood clinic to a pro-life advocate. Abby starts off her story with 'the' moment she realized how wrong abortion was, then goes back to her junior year in college showing how she came to be involved with Planned Parenthood and then comes forward to 'the' moment and beyond. This is a book you will have a hard time putting down once you start reading.

This book doesn't use scare tactics nor gruesome pictures to get across the point. I am most grateful that Abby put her story in print so I can share it with my teenagers. I feel comfortable handing this book not only to my college daughter but also my two high school teenagers to help them see how a young person can be deceived into accepting the killing of innocents.

As I was writing this review, I was debating with a family friend's daughter (and her friends) online; it's so sad to hear how the youth of today (even those raised Catholic Christians) have been deceived into believing they have a choice to kill a child. It breaks my  heart that our nation has come this far.

This review was written as part of the Catholic book reviewer program from The Catholic Company. Visit The Catholic Company to find more information on Unplanned. They are also a great source for serenity prayer and baptism gifts.

No comments: