Monday, January 9, 2012

The Keeper

 

A family. A farm. A heart. All in need of repair.

Life on Windmill Farm hasn't been the same since Julia Lapp's father
has had trouble with his heart. But that doesn't stop Julia from hoping
for a bright future. She has planned on marrying Paul Fisher since she
was a girl. Now twenty-one, she looks forward to their wedding with
giddy anticipation. But when Paul tells her he wants to postpone the
wedding--again--she is determined to change his mind. She knows
who is to blame for Paul's sudden reluctance to wed: the Bee Man.

Roman Troyer, the Bee Man, travels through the Amish communities
of Ohio and Pennsylvania with his hives full of bees, renting them out
to farmers in need of pollinators. A mysterious man who relishes his
nomadic life, Roman especially enjoys bringing his bees to Stoney
Ridge each year. But with Julia seriously at odds with him, Windmill
Farm is looking decidedly less appealing.

Can Julia secure the future she's always dreamed of? Or does God
have something else in mind?

My Thoughts: I always feel bad when I get a book for review and I'm not in love with it. I can't put my finger on what it is that didn't excite me about The Keeper especially when I see that all reviewers on Amazon are giving it five stars. I've loved other books by Fisher so I will continue to look for her books in the future.

Available January 2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

Enter here to have a chance at an iPad  http://promoshq.wildfireapp.com/website/6/contests/183799 

Party Time  http://www.facebook.com/events/209723589116292

 This book was provided to me by Donna Hausler of Baker Publishing Group; I received no monetary compensation for my honest review.

No comments: