Thursday, October 11, 2012

Instagram and Creepers

Yesterday I saw on Facebook that our local news station was going to be doing a story about kids and Instagram. Since Theresa (my 14yo) uses it occasionally I made a point to look for the story this morning. Here is the news story: WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL


 If you prefer to read it, it's here: http://www.waff.com/story/19790016/sexual-predators-and-your-children-on-instagram
 
I then had Theresa bring me her iPod and bring up her Instagram account; a creeper just started following her yesterday but had made no comments. We reported him as Spam, blocked him and set her account to Private. I have to admit I had no idea that Instagram was like FB in that others could follow you; I thought it was just a way of posting pics to Facebook through filters.

I suggest even adults adjust their settings to private especially if you post pics of kids with Instagram.

No comments: